My Little Tea School – The ABC of Tea
My Little Tea School – The ABC of Tea is an article series at Siam Tea Blog that covers the basics of tea in a simple, structured and comprehensible way. To to so, I divide the whole of tea knowledge into several major topics. Then, I split each of these major topics again into several sub-topics. And in most cases, each sub-topic again comprises of several 3rd level sub-topics. Accordingly, each single article, or lesson, represents one of these 3rd level sub-topics. This way, a kind of “abc of tea” will come about, ultimately providing a complete course in tea knowledge.
In order to make this rather challenging task viable, I refrain from costly visual illustrations such as video tutorials or complex graphic representations. Instead, each individual topic is summarized in the form of comprehensible, to-the-point text and picture illustrations.
When I say “basics of tea”, it doesn’t mean this is for newbies only. Even if you are quite advanced with tea, you might gain new insights or specific details from my perspective.
On this page, in the following, I will maintain a running index of topics covered. This will always provide you with a current overview of the course’s progress so far. Also, it will help you to search for specific topics at any point in time. And, of course, you can take the course from here…
- 1 : What is Tea – The Tea Plant, Camellia Sinensis
- 2 : The Tea in Your Cup
- 3 : Origin – What does it tell you about your Tea?
- 4 : Tea and Terroir
- 5 : (Your) Tea and (its) Cultivar
- 6 : (Styles of) Tea Cultivation
- 7 : (Parameters of) Tea Plucking
- 8/1 – (A History of) Tea Processing
- 8/2 – (Parameters of) Tea Processing
- 8/3 – Green Tea Processing
- 8/4 : Oolong Tea Processing
- 8/5 : Black Tea Processing
- 8/6 : White Tea Processing
- 8/7 : Yellow Tea Processing
- 8/8 : Dark Tea / Pu Erh Tea Processing
- 9/1 : Parameters of Tea Preparation
- 9/2 : Contexts and Purposes of Tea Preparation